Thank-you to all the organizers and students who participated in #WEWalkforWaterBBMS. Your dedication fundraising and increasing awareness around global water issues is a step in the right direction.
Year-End Grade 9 Celebration Day
Who: Bert Bowes grade 9 students and supervising teachers
9:30 – Busses leave Bert Bowes and go to Beatton Provincial Park
10:00 – Choice of morning activities: Nature hike, slow pitch, or field games
12:00 – BBQ hot dog lunch and fruit supplied
1:00 – Water games (NOT swimming in the lake, swimsuits are NOT required)
2:30 – Busses leave Beatton Provincial Park to return to Bert Bowes
Where: Beatton Provincial Park day use areas
When: June 25th, 2018 – Buses leave Bert Bowes at 9:30am and will return before 2:54pm
Why: To celebrate and commemorate the time the grade 9’s have spent Bert Bowes with a day of fun before they venture off to NPSS.
- Signed permission forms are required.
- Students will still be expected to follow school rules and expectations.
- School dress code applies to this day (shirts, shorts, and shoes are required). Students will NOT be going swimming in the lake, but there will be water games so please bring a change of clothes if you get wet.
- Bring supplies for being in the sun (hats, sunscreen, etc.)
- Optional to bring extra snacks, outdoor games, baseball glove, water guns/water games
June 25th is the last regularly scheduled day of classes for this year. Students will return on Thursday, June 28th from 8:45 am to 12:00 pm for the last day. Please see the schedule below:
- 8:45-9:30 – Pancake Breakfast
- 9:30-10:00 – TAG class
- 10:10-11:30 – Talent Show, Final House Points and Student Recognition Assembly in Gymnasium
- 11:30 – 11:45 – Yearbook Slideshow
- 11:45 – 12:00 Report Cards
Our last day is designed to be a school wide celebration of the year that was. As you can see, there will not be a traditional awards ceremony. Rather, we will on a wide scale recognize improvement, growth, learning, effort, and group contributions to a positive school community. Parents are more than welcome to join us at 10:10 for this celebration.
Please click on the links below to see some related articles that helped us design our Year-end celebration.
Please see the PDF below for this month’s PAC Meeting Minutes. The last meeting of the year will be held Monday May 30 at 9:30 am. All are welcome.
Tomorrow is 80’s Day at BBMS! Dress to impress. There will be lunchtime activities including a Trivia Wheel with the chance to win some amazing prizes! Options include pizza, candy, and swimming!